What personal data is collected and why
We may collect PII for purposes related to our business, to improve the content of the Website and our services, to better understand you and your needs as a user of the Website, or for any other commercial purpose. The only PII collected from you has been voluntarily submitted and provided to us through your use of the Website or in response to requests for information. No PII will ever be sold to any third parties. We may collect such data for processing that is necessary for providing our services as carried out in our legitimate interests.
- User-provided Information. When you use the Website, if you choose to opt in to free content, and when you subscribe to the Website’s email listing, you may provide, and we may collect PII. The types of information that we may collect include but are not limited to: name, address, email address, and phone number. PII also includes other information, such as geographic areas or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Website, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including cookies. This “automatically collected” information may include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the pages or content you view or interact with on the Website, and the dates and times of your access or use of the Website.
How collected information is used
We collect this information to learn from and improve the Website for you, the user. We may use the information that is collected in a variety of ways in providing the Website, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Operations. We may use PII to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all features of the Website, to provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and to provide user support.
- Improvements. We may use collected PII to understand and analyze usage trends and preferences, to improve the Website, and to develop new services, features, and functionality.
- Communications. We may use PII to communicate with you for administrative purposes such as customer service, updates on policies or terms, and communication relating to services. You may opt out of receiving such communications at any time via a link in the email you receive or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookies and Tracking Technology. We may use automatically collected information and other information collected on the Website through cookies and similar technologies to: (i) personalize Website services; (ii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Website; and (iii) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as number of visitors and pages viewed. If you would like to revoke your consent to be tracked, then you need to clear your browser cookies for the Website domain. We cannot guarantee that all aspects of the Website will function fully if cookies are revoked.
How collected information is shared
- Unrestricted Information. Content generated by you and posted to the Website, or any of our associated social media sites, is your sole and exclusive responsibility and we have no responsibility or liability for or association or involvement with such content. Any information you voluntarily display to the public on the Website will be available to any individual who has access to that content. We cannot and will not guarantee the safety or security of your user-generated content. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Service Providers. In some events we may work with service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services. These third parties may have access to or process PII as part of providing such services. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions. The following are some service providers we use in providing the services of the Website:
- Kajabi: We use Kajabi in connection with mail subscriptions, free content distribution, and payment processing.
- WordPress: We use WordPress for formatting, comments, and Website content.
- Mailchimp: We use Mailchimp in connection with mail subscriptions and free content distribution.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including: (i) compliance with reporting obligations; and (ii) business or marketing purposes.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose PII or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other government agencies. We also reserve the right to disclose PII or other information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) take precautions against liability; (ii) protect from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; (iii) investigate and defend against any third-party claims or allegations; or (iv) protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Testimonials. We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on the Website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact” section.
How long your data is retained
We only retain the PII collected from you for as long as you are a subscriber or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need such data to fulfill the purposes for which it was initially collected, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with legal obligation, resolutions of disputes, and enforcement of our agreements as follows:
- Billing and accounting information is retained for a period of 4 years for tax audit purposes.
- Information on legal transactions between you and us is retained for a period of 4 years.
- Mail subscription and Free Content Opt-in List will be retained indefinitely until you unsubscribe.
- Comments will be made available on the Website indefinitely.
What rights you have over your data
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the PII that you may have provided through your use of the Website. If you wish to access or amend any information or PII we hold about you, you may contact us as set forth in the “Contact” section. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked from our records. We may retain some information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe there is a legitimate reason to do so. You may, at any time, decline to share certain PII with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Website. At any time, you may object to the processing of your PII, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. You always have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities. If you receive commercial emails from us, you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please be aware that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process your request. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages, you may continue to receive administrative messages regarding the Website.
Third party websites
Where your data is sent
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect PII against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the PII in our possession. This may include, for example, firewalls, SSL technology, application-layer security features, password protection, and other access and authentication controls. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your PII has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact” section. If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
Aspen Center for Empowerment and Healing LLC
PO Box 3270
Aspen, Colorado 81612